Periodontal disease is one of the most common and most damaging oral health conditions patients face, and the worst part is that in many cases, it develops quickly with no pain or tell-tale signs. Here at Lansdowne Family Dental, Dr. Wael Elosta and his team are happy to offer a soft tissue management program as a part of regular appointments. This process enables us to detect and treat any issues as soon as they occur, saving you from permanent damage. If your case is already severe, we offer treatment options to maintain a healthier, happier smile.
Common signs that a patient may be suffering from periodontal disease include:
- Oral bleeding that occurs when brushing or flossing teeth
- Bad breath that persists even after practicing diligent oral hygiene and/or using mouthwash
- Teeth that feel strangely loose or a bite that suddenly seems different
- Gums that are especially puffy, tender, or red
- Discomfort located throughout the mouth
If you’re suffering from a mild case of gingivitis (the first step towards periodontal disease), Dr. Elosta and our team provide in-depth cleaning, as well as further instruction on how to better care for your smile at home. In most cases, this extra attention is enough to reverse damage. If your case is moderate to severe, reversal is no longer an option. Instead, our Lansdowne, VA staff provide expert maintenance and revitalizing scaling and root planing treatments for relief as well as antibiotic treatment, and soft tissue laser therapy.