The dental field is always evolving, and here at Lansdowne Family Dental, we make it a point to stay up-to-date with the latest tools and techniques available. After all, this new technology makes treatment more precise and accurate, and certain minimally invasive tools even increase the patient’s comfort and level of relaxation. Dr. Wael Elosta and the rest of our team love welcoming families from nearby Lansdowne, Ashburn, Leesburg and beyond.
- Digital X-Rays – Digital X-rays have far surpassed traditional machines in many ways, including easy storage, fast capture (no dark room or waiting required), and up to 90% less radiation.
- CEREC 1 Visit Teeth Restoration Technology – Our practice has invested in CEREC Technology to provide our patients with Same Day Restorations No more messy impression materials or hassle with annoying temporaries! CEREC Technology offers our patients the opportunity to have a beautiful restoration designed, fabricated and delivered in a single appointment! Using, CEREC Technology, we are able to take a photo scan of your tooth with a special laser camera that safely captures the anatomy of the prepared tooth and renders it as a 3-dimensional image. We then customizes your crown, inlay or onlay using your digital “impression” and 3D imaging software while you relax with a magazine or music headphones. The CEREC milling system employs CAD/CAM technology to shape your restoration from a high-strength, metal-free ceramic or composite block in a shade to match your smile. This eliminates the repeat visit after sending the impression off to a lab, as this is now able to be done right at the office, while you are in the chair! Once seated in place, your restoration is complete – no second visit required!
- Dental CT Scan – The current emerging standard of care in dentistry and dental implantology is the use of three dimensional x-ray studies. The 3-D images allow the doctor to collect the needed and highly valuable diagnostic information to best plan and deliver dental and surgical care. Cone Beam imaging delivers quicker and easier image acquisition a typical scan takes only 20 seconds. The patient benefits from less radiation as well as the comfortable, open environment. Aside from the physical comfort of this system, the doctor can share a visual diagnosis with patients, making them more comfortable with their treatment plan and actively participate in their care. The speed of the scan and the immediate results allows the doctor and patient to better communicate the aspects of a case.
- Soft Tissue Lasers – With the help of soft tissue lasers, Dr. Elosta more effectively treats moderate cases of periodontal disease than ever before. In fact, the process of cutting away diseased tissue with this advanced tool is so simple that in most cases, patients don’t even need sutures. Soft tissue lasers can also be used to make cosmetic alterations to the gums, if needed.
- Intraoral Cameras – Intraoral cameras allow us to view the entire mouth on a chairside monitor. By getting a closer look, we easily identify problems and educate patients.
- The Wand – This state-of-the-art anesthesia device helps our team handle pain control more precisely and accurately than ever before. The device is computer-controlled, and its innocuous appearance helps patients feel more comfortable.
- Identafi for Oral Cancer Screenings – When it comes to oral cancer, an early diagnosis is crucial, and that’s why our team at Lansdowne Family Dental offers oral cancer screening as part of regular visits. With the optical fluorescence technology of Identafi, we easily differentiate between diseased and healthy tissues in the mouth.